Sunday, February 8, 2015

Mascara Battle: The Face Shop vs Aido




When it comes to Mascara, does the brand matter? The price? I was so curious I had to experiment!

P195 mascara VS P50 mascara





If you are a make up junkie too, you probably know that there are heaps of mascaras in the market. Volumizing, Curling, Water proof, With Fibers, Even different Colors and Wands.


Personally, I don't like the waterproof ones. I'd only use my waterproof mascara if I know my lashes will get wet. Cause what I noticed with waterproof mascaras, they tend to make your lashes brittle. Like, every time I use mine, I say bye bye to few of my lashes the next day. So as much as I can, I stay away from them.

Since I did not took care of my eyelash extensions, I now have lesser lashes and few of them are absent, yup! ONE SEAT APART. Boo hoo! #feelingsad

So I went to SM and searched for a nice mascara. I was specifically Looking for a VOLUMIZING mascara. And oh dear, indeed there are a lot of brands and kinds to choose from.

I found this from THE FACE SHOP, Freshian Volumizing Mascara. This is the only mascara there that had no "waterproof" writing. Did not try it cause you should NEVER use the MASCARA TESTERS. You can get God-knows-what eye sickness from it.


The Face Shop - Freshian Volumizig Mascara in 01 Volume : P195.00

There are 2 kinds: 01 Volume and 01 Curl. Obviously I got em 02 Volume!

It looks like an ordinary mascara. The smell, wand and thickness of the mascara.

The Face Shop - Freshian Volumizig Mascara in 01 Volume : P195.00

But I did not stop there of course, I had to check the local brands. This is when I got curious, I found mascaras ranging from P50 - P250. Can this be as good as the one I just got from faceshop for P195 or will this be a total fail kinda mascara? Was hopping from one bay to another comparing prices and kinds. Again, I'm trying to stay away from the "waterproof" description. I then decided to get the cheapest one which is P50. It's AIDO MINI MASCARA.


Aido Classic Mini Mascara : P50.00


This tho, does not have any description if it is waterproof or Volumizing. Just says it's CLASSIC. For P50.00 I am assuming this is not waterproof. GOOD FOR ME.

I was taking close up photos of the wand when I noticed that the AIDO MASCARA had fibers on them! Which was a surprise! Cause I believe fibers on mascara helps you achieve a thicker lashes.


Aido Classic Mini Mascara : P50.00

THE FACE SHOP mascara did not really give me the volume I wanted but that is probably because I do not have any lashes left. Tho, it made my lashes look longer and it is easy to apply.


The Face Shop

On the other hand, the AIDO mascara is very tricky. It's too thick with the fibers and all, it's clumping. I had to comb my lashes a couple of time to separate them but I ended up having mascara on my lids.


Aido Classic

At the end of the night, I washed my face and THE FACE SHOP mascara was easy to remove while the AIDO mascara was all over the place. 

(Left) Aido. (Right) The Face Shop

Overall, I like the face shop better. But for a 50 peso mascara? The AIDO mascara was not bad! You can't even tell the difference! I'll probably have my friend try it for me. Since again, no more lashes na si kitine.






WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE MASCARA? :)

3 comments:

  1. That is an extremely smart written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful information. Thank you for the post. I will certainly return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really appreciate this article. I would try faceshop mascara due to easy to wash it. And not too "sticky" lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where can I buy Aido Mascara? Is it available at watsons?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...